DPA 4088 Series Headband Microphones
Miniature Cardioid Headband Systems.
» View entire DPA Microphones range
The DPA 4088 is a miniature cardioid headband built on the finest DPA experiences in microphone design & manufacture.
Open, natural and reliable are the most describing words for this microphone. The high quality of the microphone itself means, that you will hear the sound of the voice right away - not the microphone. In acoustically demanding live performance environments, where background noise and feedback is a concern, the 4088 will tackle these challenges with ease.
Download Full Brochure
The smooth and elegant design of the 4088 makes it the most invisible headworn cardioid microphone today. Sound quality, visual elegance and versatility go hand in hand to transform every show into the performance of a lifetime. The capsule is a pre-polarized first order pressure gradient transducer, hidden in a small and lightweight housing with dimensions just slightly larger than our omni capsules.
The mechanical design is based on the proven build quality of the 4066 headband microphone. The headband mount is exactly the same; the boom however is 3 centimetres longer, to be able to match the need for placement at the corner of the mouth. The flexibility and stability of this construction is unique and has no equal.
Available in three colours: black, beige and brown, and also available with connector.
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 100 Hz – 20 kHz (4 – 6 dB soft boost at 15 kHz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; 44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB (A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 68 dB (A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: 30 – 40 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 5 V – max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black, brown or beige
- Microphone weight: 14 g (0.5 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.5 mm (0.25 in)
- Microphone length: 11 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Operating temperature range: -10 to 45 °C (14 to 113 °F)
Need help finding a dealer?
If you have difficulty in finding a dealer please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable dealer for your needs.
Need help finding support?
If you have difficulty in finding support, please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable agent for your needs.