In striving to achieve an even cleaner sound, the DPA 4006-TL is equipped with a state-of-the-art transformerless preamplifier and is powered via a standard 48 V Phantom Power supply. This design increases the sensitivity and provides an extended low-frequency handling capability (15 Hz to 20 kHz ±2 dB). All components in this construction are very carefully selected to fulfil the demand for optimal neutrality, accuracy and extremely low distortion even at very high sound pressure levels and at complex passages in the music.
The applications of 4006-TL are numerous: AB stereo pair for symphonic concert hall recordings, close mic on instruments such as grand piano, guitar, double bass, percussion and speech/vocals - just to mention a few examples where a 4006-TL will give more detail and more open resolution.
With the wide range of available acoustic modification accessories, it's possible to gain 7 different frequency responses & directional characteristics with just one DPA 4006-TL. You simply change a grid or mount an element over the capsule and it will influence the sound field acoustically without any of the phase shift, noise or distortion that any electrical filter would introduce.
The 4006-TL is a product for sound engineers with demands for high quality. The precise reproduction, total transparency and natural-sounding clarity of this microphone will provide you with a lifetime of satisfying listening.
If you have a DPA 4006, you can upgrade to 4006-TL. The upgrade includes a factory-based retrofitting to the DPA 4006-TL with transformerless preamplifier, close-miking grid, DPA 4006-TL type ring, calibration chart and new mic case.
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Power supply: 48 V Phantom power
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz up to 124 dB peak
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 15 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 20 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 27 dB (max. 29 dB)
- Capsule diameter: 16 mm (0.63 in)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5% up to 129 dB SPL peak
- Preamplifier frequency range: 20 Hz to 40 kHz ±1 dB
- Output impedance: <75 Ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Microphone length: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 143 dB SPL peak (f> 200 Hz)
- Weight: 150 g (5.29 oz)
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 120 dB
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 79 dB
- Connector: 3-pin XLR-M (Standard P48)
- Matching tolerance (frequency response, sensitivity and self-noise): ±0.5 dB (20 Hz - 20 kHz) Current consumption: 2.60 mA
Need help finding a dealer?
If you have difficulty in finding a dealer please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable dealer for your needs.
Need help finding support?
If you have difficulty in finding support, please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable agent for your needs.